Starset Reach One Billion YouTube Views Milestone, Plus News on Billie Joe Armstrong, Skillet + More
– Kudos to Starset, who just surpassed the one billion total views milestone on YouTube for their official music videos and user-generated content. Check out a clip here. It’s been a “monster” year for Starset, who will be performing Oct. 24 at the Loudwire Music Awards. Their single “Monster” is the No. 2 song at Mainstream Rock Radio for all of 2017 so far.
– Can we get a collective “awwww”? Green Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong has posted a throw-back photo of himself at 5-years-old with his singing teacher and engineer at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley where he recorded a song called “Look for Love.”
– Skillet are digging deeper into their Unleashed album, releasing a new lyric video for the anthemic track “The Resistance.” The clip, which utilizes footage from the Creation Festival East earlier this year, can be seen here.
– During a chat on the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast, Hatebreed‘s Jamey Jasta expressed his desire to do a covers record, some “re-records,” another album, a live disc and a documentary over the next five years.
– Four Year Strong have unveiled the new song “Nice to Know” from their frankly-titled new album Some of You Will Like This, Some of You Won’t. Take a listen to the track here and look for the disc dropping on Sept. 8.
– Arch Enemy performed their new song “The World Is Yours” live for the first time at the Rock Pod Kamenom festival in Slovakia. See fan-shot footage here, and look for the song on the group’s upcoming album, Will to Power, due Sept. 8.