Flo Rida Coming to Q Casino’s Back Waters Stage in May
Last year was the first time I ever go to experience Q Casino's Back Waters Stage Summer Concert Series. From Ja Rule to Dierks Bentley, Chase Rice and Seether, it was a summer chockful of talent. Judging by Q Casino's announcement today, that doesn't look to change for the 2023 Summer Concert Series.
A new season of can't-miss concerts kicks off at Q Casino on Saturday, May 27th, 2023 when rapper, singer, songwriter, and composer Flo Rida will take the stage at 7:30pm. Opening Act Too Hype Crew will perform ahead of Flo Rida.
Flo Rida is probably best known for his breakout single "Low" from 2007, which spent 10 weeks at #1 on the Billboard charts and broke digital download sales records that year. Other hits from the Miami Gardens-native include "Right Round," "Club Can't Handle Me," "Good Feeling," and "My House," all of which reliable bangers when it comes to getting any party started.
Per a press release, Q Casino's Chief Operating and Financial Officer Brian Rakestraw spoke about his excitement for the Back Waters Stage concerts, with several more to be announced in the coming weeks:
We are excited about offering a variety of live music shows here this year. We enjoy bringing-in exciting local and national acts, and this summer will be no different, so we look forward to hosting music lovers from across the tri-state region.
In addition, Q Casino also announced that they would implement changes and enhancements to the 2023 Concert Series, most of which related to security and onsite amenities:
- Implementation of a new clear bag policy to help with the security check-in process
- Only clear bags, no larger than 12” x 12” x 6”, will be allowed
- Small clutch purses/wallets will be allowed and do not have to be clear, but they cannot exceed 4.5” x 6.5” in size
- Improved entry/exit process to expedite the flow of concertgoers
- Concertgoers will be able to enjoy their favorite bar drinks, as well as concessions featuring Amayzing Kettle Corn, hot dogs, chips, chilled soft drinks and lemonade
- After-parties following each show at a designated Q venue
Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 10th. Tickets can be purchased on the Back Waters Stage's website or at Guest Services at Q Casino. Find out more details about the upcoming concert here!
Q Casino is an entertainment and gaming complex located in Dubuque, Iowa. The casino is owned by the City of Dubuque, and operated by the DRA, its non-profit license holder. The Back Waters Stage concert series is presented by MidWestOne Bank, fueled by Kwik Stop, and sponsored by Verlo Mattress, Turpin Dodge and Conlon Construction.