Follow This Eastern Iowa Wine Trail to Check Out 6 Great Wineries
When it comes to wineries and breweries, we have quite a few here in Eastern Iowa! Because of that, we took a few of the most popular wineries in the area and created what we're calling the "Eastern Iowa Wine Trail." If you're looking for a fun weekend activity to do with friends (and a designated driver), here's a look at the path the trail will take you:
Depending on where you decide to start and end, the trail equates to a total of an hour and 52 minutes of driving. You can always remove some of the businesses to give yourself more time at each one, or add other stops in between! Whatever you choose to do, here are the six wineries on the trail:
- 1441 Marak Rd, Swisher
- Open Wednesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(18 minute drive to next destination)
- 4406 220th Trail, Amana
- Open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(2 minute drive to next destination)
- 755 48th Ave, Amana
- Open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(17 minute drive to next destination)
- 1755 P Avenue, Marengo
- Open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday & Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
(51 minute drive to next destination - we recommend breaking it up with a stop in Coralville/Iowa City for food!)
- 726 Green Rd, Tipton
- Open Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
(25 minute drive to next destination)
- 103 1st St NW, Mount Vernon
- Open Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The Travel Iowa website has some Iowa wine trails of their own! You can check out their lists HERE.
What Are the Signature Drinks From Every State?
The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest