We moved into our current house almost 4 years ago.

It's a pretty solid place, but there have been a few things we've been fixing up bit-by-bit.

Shortly after moving in we realized the upstairs bathroom shower leaks. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but we could never seem to figure out where the leak was coming from.

We saved money from our last two tax returns and found a guy to do the job for us.

"Chuck" was coming to get started on the job Saturday so to save him a little time my family decided we could at least do a little demo so he could come right in and get to it.

Friday night I spent about 90 minutes with a pry bar and rubber mallet popping the old, ugly green tiles off the wall. A lot of them broke popping off the wall and scratched me up on the way down. (My wife asked why I didn't wear gloves but I didn't really notice the damage until after the fact.)

My son, Jacob, took to helping me pick up the tiles and fill buckets. We then dumped the buckets into a larger garbage can to put in a dumpster.

Saturday morning we finished up and Chuck arrived to get things going. He got to tearing out the old walls and plumbing and then I helped him move the old tub out of the bathroom.

Somewhere between the tiles and tub I must have overdone it, because yesterday I could barely walk. I did a real number on my back.

This morning I thought I was going to have to get my wife to push me out of bed, but thankfully I got up and moving on a Monday.

Chuck says by the end of the week we should be pretty well done with the new bathroom, so I'll be sure to follow up with some new pics.

Have a great week.

~CMF