Elle King to Perform at Q Casino’s Back Waters Stage
After announcing Flo Rida, Darius Rucker, 3 Doors Down, and The Pork Tornadoes will all be coming to Dubuque for the Back Waters Stage's 2023 Summer Concert Series, Q Casino has announced another sure-to-be-great sure will be happening in August!
Grammy nominated singer Elle King will be performing on Q Casino's Back Waters Stage on Friday, August 11th, 2023! King is probably most famous for her song "Drunk (And Don't Wanna Go Home)" with Miranda Lambert. She is also the daughter of actor/comedian Rob Schneider.
According to a press release from Q Casino, Elle King is a multi-platinum artist who has amassed nearly 1.7 billion streams worldwide, including over 275 million alone for the aforementioned song "Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home)."
King recently released her new album, Come Get Your Wife, to rave reviews and a Top 10 on the Billboard Album Sales Chart. Co-producing the album and writing eight of tracks, the record includes “Drunk,” “Out Yonder,” “Try Jesus,” and her Top 30 single “Worth A Shot,” featuring Dierks Bentley. This is the second time King and Bentley have teamed up, following their Grammy-nominated, CMA Award winning, RIAA Platinum-certified No. 1 hit "Different for Girls," per the same press release.
The Georgia-based country artist Megan Moroney will serve as the opening act to King's show. Moroney recently won Breakthrough Female Video of the Year at the 2023 CMT Music Awards. Her single, "Tennessee Orange," has become exorbitantly popular in recent months.
In addition, Q Casino also announced that they would implement changes and enhancements to the 2023 Concert Series, most of which related to security and onsite amenities:
- Implementation of a new clear bag policy to help with the security check-in process
- Only clear bags, no larger than 12” x 12” x 6”, will be allowed
- Small clutch purses/wallets will be allowed and do not have to be clear, but they cannot exceed 4.5” x 6.5” in size
- Improved entry/exit process to expedite the flow of concertgoers
- Concertgoers will be able to enjoy their favorite bar drinks, as well as concessions featuring Amayzing Kettle Corn, hot dogs, chips, chilled soft drinks and lemonade
- After-parties following each show at a designated Q venue
Tickets for Elle King's performance can be purchased at BackWatersStage.com or at Guest Services at Q Casino. The show begins at 8pm on Friday, August 11th, 2023, and will be held rain or shine.
Q Casino is an entertainment and gaming complex located in Dubuque, Iowa. The casino is owned by the City of Dubuque, and operated by the DRA, its non-profit license holder.