Sundown Mountain’s Upcoming Event Serves Up BBQ and Skiing
Sundown Mountain has been crushing their 50th anniversary with some ideal skiing weather, the opening of a new lodge, and, coming Presidents' Day Weekend, their "Smoke on the Mountain" BBQ Contest!
Mark, Alex, and Stephanie of Sundown Mountain all stopped by the studio to discuss what "Smoke on the Mountain" is all about. The event is hosted by Living for Brecken Foundation, and features a delicious barbeque presentation as well as a demo of donated adaptive equipment!
Mark spoke about what all the event has to offer:
It's kind of a fundraiser [....] we use the money to get adaptive ski equipment for kids, who maybe couldn't go otherwise [....] Every year it's a little different. We're going to have five barbeque artists [....] and the Grillbilly's are kind of our anchors, you can get their food from the middle of the day [until the afternoon]. The rest of the competitors' food, you can get around 2pm, so you have different [options] for barbeque.
On the agenda for February 18th is a full roster of events, set to take place at 11am and continue into the evening:
- 11 AM-2 PM: Grillbilly’s BBQ selling food for purchase.
- Noon-4 PM: Joie Wails will be performing inside the South Lodge.
- 2 PM: $15 Boxes of Wings/Ribs available for sale until sold out.
- 3 PM: Presentation and demo of adaptive ski equipment. See the adaptive equipment we purchased from previous years’ fundraisers in action in our Beginner Area.
- 4 PM: Competition awards ceremony in the South Lodge. If interested in entering the BBQ contest? Please get in touch with Daniella at 563.543.3541. Registration closes on February 13th. A $100 entrance fee is due at the time of registration.
You can find more information about Sundown Mountain's upcoming "Smoke on the Mountain" on their website. You can also take a listen to my interview with Mark, Alex, and Stephanie of Sundown Mountain!